Capturing emotions

I wanted to write a blog post about this, because I think it is the most important thing in your wedding photographs.  When I manage to catch those really emotional moments, it brings the images to life and records the bits that really matter on your wedding day.  And this is how the story of your day gets told effectively.  Whether it's the nervous and thoughtful moments of the bride and groom as they prepare for the wedding, or the way the groom feels as he first sees his bride; the parents bursting with pride during the ceremony, or the joy and laughter of all the people that you chose to share the event with you - these are all such important parts of the day.  When I watch what is happening around me at a wedding, this is what I'm really looking out for.  I love seeing the way that the bride and groom look at each other, and capturing those incredible glances between them.  I love the feel of the anticipation before the ceremony, and the release and celebration afterwards.  I think it's amazing to watch your friends and relatives, and see the experience that they are having.  Of course there is more to wedding photography than just that - the beautiful venue, the details of your day, the stunning dress, etc.  And of course these bits will also make up really important parts of the story in your photographs.  But the element that really makes the images spring to life, and the thing that will transport you back to your wedding, year after year in the future, is looking at those emotions again, and remembering how it all felt at the time.



You might also be interested in:

Susie & Scott get married in Petritoli, Italy

Adele & Jamie get married in Dartmouth, Devon

Robyn & Peter's wedding at Muddifords Court Country House, Devon

My 2011 faves: some of my very favourites from last year


Thanks for reading!  I'd love to hear your views on this... please do leave a comment below and tell me what you think.  Thanks :)