Natalie and Mat's relaxed summer fete style wedding



I thought it was about time I blogged Natalie and Mat's gorgeous Dorset wedding from last summer!  It was lovely to see these images featured in Wedding Ideas Magazine earlier this year, and I've been meaning to write a longer blog post for a while.

It was a gorgeous June day, just perfect for the celebration that Natalie and Mat had planned: hay bales, bunting, outdoor games, ice-cream, lots of cider, and the brilliant morris dancers that Natalie had secretly arranged as a surprise for Mat.  Lorton House in Weymouth was the setting for both the bridal preparations and the wedding reception - such a gorgeous location, surrounded by Lorton Meadows, with views right across to the sea.  I loved photographing Natalie getting ready in the morning there, with all her bridesmaids scattered around the large rooms and sunlight streaming in through the beautiful windows.   The ceremony took place at All Saints Church, Weymouth, and was utterly beautiful.  Even now, I still get a bit teary looking at Natalie and Mat's faces as they say their vows.  And I love Natalie's triumphant bouquet air punch as she left the church!  The wedding reception was gorgeous, with the pretty pastel colours and bunting theme running through the marquee, the most stunning naked wedding cake, and a cake & sweetie table groaning with goodies.  Natalie and Mat's two dogs weren't there on the day, but I loved the little cake toppers marking their importance, and their photo alongside the lovely ones from Nat and Mat's parents' wedding days!

I still laugh out loud at the memory of the 'slightly' inebriated ushers burning their fingers and getting hugely irritated at trying to light all the tea lights in jam jars.  And this may be the only blog post where I make an appearance - one of the ushers insisted on taking a picture of me with the bride and groom, and another kindly photobombed us - love it!  Nat and Mat, you were a brilliant couple to photograph and I loved your whole relaxed celebration. Here is your wedding day:




Lovely suppliers involved in this wedding:

Venue: Lorton House, Weymouth (although sadly no longer hiring for weddings)
Marquee from Oakleaf Marquees
Groomswear from ASOS
Catering by the Dorset Catering Company
Crockery hired from Vintage Dorset
Make-up by Lauren Cockings
Afternoon entertainment from Festus Derriman Morris Dancers, Upwey
Evening entertainment from the Black Sheep Band


You might also like to have a look at:



You can also visit me on Facebook and 'like' my page there to stay in touch with my work and show your support - thank you!