Pynes House, Exeter: a gorgeous Devon wedding venue

House looking up the drive

Last weekend I had the exciting experience of visiting Pynes House, Exeter, for the first time. It is an amazing Georgian country house that has been beautifully refurbished over the past few years. I am photographing Tessa and Steve's wedding there in December, so we popped over to have a look around. I always love visiting a wedding venue that I haven't been to before, as it gives me the opportunity to start visualising each couple's wedding, and getting a real feel for how things will be on the day. Pynes House is really spectacular, with incredible spaces inside and gorgeous gardens around the exterior. I was so completely wowed that I had to grab a few images along the way. I loved so much about it: the light streaming into the rooms, the gorgeous colours, the original ornate plaster work and the huge windows looking out across the gardens. The grounds are beautiful, with gentle views across the Exe Valley - despite being less than ten minutes from Exeter city centre, you feel that you are completely in the middle of nowhere.  There were even friendly sheep with gorgeous lambs that came to say hello to me!  So I'm completely smitten, and I can't wait to photograph Tessa and Steve's winter wedding there later this year.  For now, here is a little peep around the house and gardens...

Pynes House and gardens
Sheep in the grounds
Stone stag at entrance to Pynes House
Statues and fountain in gardens
Pynes House front visage
Pynes House front door 
Pynes House ceremony room with chairs laid out
Glass beaded lights in ceremony room

Ceremony room
Beautiful green entrance hall with statues
Gorgeous drawing room with blue walls
Ornate mirror above fireplace
Drawing room
Bedroom with double aspect views over Devon countryside
Roll top bath and bridal suite
Bridal suite
Stained glass window on stairway
Original plaster work on ceiling
Sheep in field outside
Sheep and lamb looking at camera
Statues and stonework at Pynes House
Daffodils in the grounds at Pynes House
View of Pynes House from back garden
Sheep at wedding venue, Devon


Amazing venue, hey?!  Needless to say, if you are getting married at Pynes House and looking for a photographer, then please do get in touch - I'd love to hear a bit about your plans!

You can also have a look at some more of my work here:

A round up of some of my favourite 2014 wedding images
Clare and David's wedding at Kiftsgate Court in the Cotswolds
The MacLeod family exploring the woodland near Exeter


You can also like my page on Facebook and support my work there, thank you!